The design brief for new Sonik XTRACTOR RECON was to maximize performance whilst minimising pack down size. The results will challenge your expectations about what is possible with compact retractable-butt carp rod design.
RECON technology utilises a double retractable butt section and combines this with Sonik’s new VARI-TAPER™ joint construction to produce rods that both look and feel like their 2-section predecessors. If you are looking for top performance and ultimate convenience you no longer have to compromise.
The XTRACTOR RECON 8FT rods pack down to only 30 inches and are some of the most versatile carp rods that we have ever produced. They feature a longer style handle and 40mm ringing pattern which both aid in casting and fish-playing ability.
Like all XTRACTOR rods you will find these to have a satisfying progressive action lending itself perfectly to all forms of carp fishing. Of course, at only 30 inches these could be the travel carp rods that you have been waiting for but don’t be deceived; the performance of these rods just might convince you to keep a set handy for whenever a fishing opportunity arises.
Available in 3 test curves which will cover any carp fishing scenario you are likely to encounter;
8FT 2.5LB The perfect model for smaller waters where heavy tactics are not required. Suitable for those who appreciate a rod’s fighting curve but need power in reserve for when the need arises.
8FT 3.0LB The all-rounder, is happy landing singles, doubles or 40lb’rs if required. If PVA tactics are high on your list, this rod has the power to provide the extra oomph required.
8FT 3.5LB The worldwide special, if big carp are your target then this is the rod you need you need. Has large reserves of power when you need it to land the biggest fish.
- Slim, silk matt black carbon fibre blank with progressive power action
- Super-light M-SERIES DL black guides
- VARI-TAPER™ joint construction
- 40mm guide pattern with Anti-frap tip
- 17mm black DPS reel seat to house all reels
- Line friendly custom contoured Sonik clip
- Slim Japanese shrink rubber handle
- Black anodised butt cap laser etched with ‘S’ logo
- 8FT transport length 76cm (30“)
ALSO AVAILABLE SEPARATELY – MATCHING SONIK SK-TEK XTRATOR RECON 8FT ROD SLEEVE:
The SK-TEK XTRACTOR® Rod Sleeves are truly versatile. Each is fully padded and has a host of advanced features. The unique connector points at each end allow multiple sleeves to be joined together (both up and down) to easily create a double rod sleeve or even a custom rod holdall system of your choice.The side utility straps are perfect for adding items like a landing net and the opposite side has a zipped lead pocket and webbing straps for 2 banksticks.
These Recon sleeves also feature two D-rings for attaching a shoulder strap.
- Designed to accept all RECON Rods
- Unique connector points allow sleeves to be joined together (both up or down)
- Side utility straps for net and handle
- Side webbing can hold two banksticks
- Zipped lead pocket and webbing carry handle
- Side D-Rings for attachment of shoulder strap (not included)
- HD 600D PVC backed SK-TEK camo material
- Fully padded and lined
- 8’ RECON / SECTION CAPACITY: 76CM (30”) / OVERALL DIMENSIONS: L86 D12 H20
- Club 2000 Fishing Tackle WarehouseChatsworth House, Hayes Ln, Stourbridge DY9 8RDTel 01384 892 892 | 01384 423 800